You are not logged in.

lilaaa

*loves rain* that way no one knows I'm crying..

• "lilaaa" started this thread

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 1:08am

Gladiatus Start Up Guide

Ave Imperator! Morituri te salutant!

This guide is based on one originally made by Kirbius, however growing weary of the Gladitorial battles he re-enlisted in the Roman Legion!
Therefore I have been instructed to take over training the new recruits!

This guide is up-to date for Gladiatus version 1.6.0!

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 1:13am

Overview

Once you have registered on your selected server, you have the choice to be either a Female Gladiator or a Male Gladiator. Choose carefully because every change of gender cost 20 rubies!

Once you have chosen your gender, you have to activate your account, and you can Start Playing Gladiatus.

Note: If you wish to register on another server Click on Me to choose another server you want to play on!

Overview

This is the overview screen. This is a very important place for you, this is the first thing you see after you log in. The Overview allows you to view the Statistics of your Gladiator, your Victories your Familia and it allows you to see your inventory and the equipment you are currently wearing.

You will also be able to change your equipment here. If you have bought a new piece of equipment, you can now drag this piece of equipment into a spare space on your character view.

Note: That once you drag an item into the character view (shown above) that particular item will become soul-bound, this means that any item that is soul-bound cannot be sold on the Market or Guild Market.

This is your items bag, this is where you can place your items.

I want to Change my gender, how can I do that
?

If you wish to change gender you must go to Hermit,
You`re unhappy and don`t feel comfortable in your own skin? How about transforming your soul into another body?

I want to Change my Name, how can I do this
?

Simple, to
change your name you must visit the hermit, - you can do this in two ways: Official way ( which will cost you 10% of your total Honor and gold) or Bribe arena manager( which will cost you 50 rubies-no gold, no honor will be lost)

How do my stats infer directly to combat?

Your Fighting Powers is determined by the following under Strength, Skill, Agility, Constitution, Charisma and Intelligence

Strength is the most expensive statistic to train and is a relative gauge of physical prowess. For every ten points of strength, you will get 1 extra melee damage.

Skill influences
your chance to hit your opponent, it's matched up directly against your opponent's agility in battle.

You calculate your chance to hit by this formula:
Chance for hit = your skill/ (your skill + enemy agility) x 100 [always round down]

To check any of these stats at any time go to your overview and hover over the green bars. Just like your skill is paired, so is your agility, except this time it's your agility versus your opponent's skill with the same math ideal as skill, except reversed for this example.

Constitution is a measurement of your toughness and resilience. Each point into Constitution reaps 2 vital health points plus 1 to your total of health regeneration per hour. With 20 Constitution, that would be a bonus of 40 HP and 40hp/hour regenerated with rest or while working. The stouter you are, the more damage you can sustain before needing to eat, and heal faster while resting.

Charisma is (as far as combat is concerned) pretty much just how lucky you are. Charisma can allow you to attack two times to the opponent's one. Like the two variable stats above, this is also dependent on the difference between your training level and theirs. For a value that is greater than your opponent's charisma then for every point you are higher you gain 1% to chance for a double attack every time you attack. (ChaLvL +1 = 1% for double attack, so ChaLvL +20 would be 20% chance and so on. All Equal and Negative integers are tossed and instead automatically given 0%.)

Intelligence: Effects the amount of healing/Critical healing that is done during battles (this involves the use of mercenaries). Intelligence also affects usables (food item) as well. The higher the intelligence, the more you'll heal when using an usable.

Armour
is the cumulative sum of all of your equipment's armour bonuses. The main point of armour is it absorbs damage. At 0 it absorbs 0 - 0. After ~90 it absorbs 0 - 1, ~160 its 1 - 2, and ~280 it's 3 - 4 etc., etc., etc. Damage is pulled together from strength (StrLvL/10 = +1 damage) and any bonuses on your items that may add to damage.

How do I Heal myself?
One more very important part of the game can only be done in this screen though – healing your character. Your Gladiator will heal X points an hour, which is affected by your Constitution, but next to that you are able to buy your Gladiator food, which restores X health points at the moment you have him eat it. To do so, drag the food you bought from your inventory to the picture in the overview. You will now see the health points being restored at once. Healing can only be done in the overview.

What are Mug Links?

Note: Remember that the mug Links are useful as they provide you the player with an ID, which is handy if you ever get hacked,
so make a note of your mug Link always ! ! !

As you level up, the appearance of your Gladiator will change. Here is how your Gladiator will look or will according to the level you are at.

Levels 1-4

Levels 5-9

Levels 10-19

Levels 20-29

Levels 30-39

Levels 40-49

Levels 50-59

Levels 60-69

Levels 70-79

Levels 80+

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 3:34pm)

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 1:18am

Statistics

Statistics

The Statistics Tab will show you, ingame Progress, as you play Gladiatus. Such things you can Check out in the Statistics tab; How many Battles you have won, How much Gold you have Raided, How much Honor or Fame you have and How many Gladiators you have recruited.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 3:42pm)

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 1:26am

Victories

Victories

Victories are achievements you get by completing Quests,Exploring areas, Defeating Dungeon bosses,Creating food etc. Gain enough victories and you will be the envy of the gods.
There are currently 747 Victories to achieve in Gladiatus.

You can use the victory you have achieved as your title.

Click on this area (as shown in the yellow box) to choose your Title. Remember you can only use Titles that you have achieved.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 3:43pm)

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 1:31am

Familia

Familia

The Familia, is a friends list, it can tell you if your buddy (real-life or Virtual) is online or not.

You can invite your friends or other Players to your famila, by clicking the "Invite into your Famila" tab on a players Profile.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 3:45pm)

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 1:32am

News

News

News Messages provide you with news regarding Gladiatus such as updates and bug fixes

It also notifies you about ingame competitions and events

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 3:46pm)

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 1:36am

How do I communicate with other players?

Messages allow you to communicate with other gladiators in your server.When you see this Icon that means you have received a message of some kind.

Once you click the ‘Messages’ Button, you will see an overview screen. From here, you can navigate to your inbox or your packages, you can manage your own folders here. If you decide to go to your Inbox, you will see all messages you have received and not yet deleted listed here. You can still open every message you received, by clicking on its name.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 3:50pm)

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 1:37am

Packages

Packages

You will find out that packages are really important!. Not only items can be stored in your packages but gold as well. The method of saving your gold is called packing or Banking.

If you have any packages you can also see the information about the package.
  • The origin of the package.
  • The date the package was received
  • Information about the item (mouse-over the item to see the information.)
  • The date the package expires.

You also have the option to delete a package.

If you click on the delete button. This Popup-will appear. You can confirm whether you want to delete the item, or not.

Remember Packages last for 7 days, Items will automatically be turned in gold after it expires.

Hint: If you delete enough packages you gain a victory.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 3:53pm)

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 1:41am

Highscore

Highscore

The Highscore show you the top 1000 active players of your server. Its a great way of comparing your progress with other Gladiators or with other guilds.

The Dungeon Highscore will show you the highscores related to dungeons.

Clicking on the Dungeon - 7 Day Highscore will show you which player(s) have dealt the most healing, damage etc.

Clicking on the Dungeon - Boss Items; will show you the all the items that have been rewarded for completion of a specific Dungeon.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 3:56pm)

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 1:42am

You will notice this in above.

Clicking on Profile, will allow you to change the information on your account. Such things you can edit are.
  • You can change your Email address.
  • Profile Description
  • Mug Link Text (This text will appear to people you have mugged with your mug link).
  • Other Personal Information
  • Delete Account.

• Clicking on the save button confirms any changes you have made on your account.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 3:59pm)

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 1:44am

Notes

Notes

You can take some notes there. You can save them and you can also access them after your next login. Your notes can be up to 16,000 characters long.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 4:00pm)

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 1:46am

The Arena

The Arena

The Arena

The Arena is the main feature of the game. There arena is where you and other gladiators can directly fight each other.
The Arena has its very own ranking, which is based on your level. When you have just started you will start in the lowest league, and will be placed after your joining number, but once you get over level 10 you will be free of all the level 1 and 2 accounts.

You can only enter the arena once you are level 2. Otherwise you will notice this.

Each league has its own champion who will get a bonus each hour, and if you can claim the champions place you will also be rewarded with the jackpot $$$. However, you should know, young gladiator, that there is only one way to work your way up though the Arena Ranking, and that is the hard way. You cannot just attack any Gladiator ranked high above you and take over his position. You should know too that, the higher you get up the ladder, the less Gladiators you will be able to attack in your own placing list.

However, if you’re looking for a nice amount of Gold, you can always attack one of the players at the top of the Highscores list. They’ll usually have a fairly nice amount of Gold on them.

Clicking (Left-Click) on this icon and you will attack the gladiator next to this symbol. I advise you click first on your opponent name and see if his stats are not as good as yours. If he/she is stronger than you don't attack him/her, choose another Gladiator to fight.

To do so, you have to enter the Gladiators name into the ‘Search for certain player’ field you will see on the Arena page. This will cost you 10 Gold though. Additionally, you might encounter a message like ‘Your enemy is too weak to fight at this moment’, a message you should not encounter when wanting to fight somebody from your own placing list.

What? You wonder why you should do all this? For the Gold of course! Every Arena Fight will grant you some gold, while some against opponents of a higher level will even get you Experience and Honor. You do not receive Gold always though. Your opponent might have so little gold that you cannot even raid a bit. You’ll usually raid about 10-15% of his Gold.

If you are attacked in the Arena yourself, you’ll probably lose a lot of Life Points and some of your Gold. I should warn you – If you’re doing a quest, you might not even be noticed he attacked you. Don’t fear though, you will not die here, no Gladiator would be weak enough to kill you, and no Expedition Opponent will either.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 4:04pm)

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 1:52am

Provinciarum Arena

Provinciarum Arena

Provinciarum Arena is where you can fight with players from other servers. You can choose from 5 opponents.

If you do not wish to fight any of these opponents, you can request a new one. However, this means you will have wait the same amount of time that you would have needed to carry out a fight.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 4:07pm)

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 1:53am

Circus Turma

Circus Turma

Levels under level 10 see this.

After you get on level 10 you automatically joined the Turma. You get items from emperor to prepare yourself. And you're in passive.

Here you fight with your Mercenaries in the Arena against other players and their Mercenaries as well. This arena is very Brutal, and the key to victory is a good mercenary setup. If you find this arena too much, you may be passive meaning other players can attack you but they won't steal your gold.

If you decided to change the Circus Turma to passive/active this message will pop-up.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 4:18pm)

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 1:54am

Circus Provinciarum

Circus Provinciarum

In Circus Provinciarum if your passive in Turma then this message will show.

If you want to participate in Circus Provinciarum you need to be active in Turma. Circus Provinciarum is same as Provinciarum Arena, you are fighting against players from other servers. You can choose from 5 opponents.

If you do not wish to fight any of these opponents, you can request a new one. However, this means you will have wait the same amount of time that you would have needed to carry out a fight.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 5:03pm)

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 1:56am

Work

Work

...The Stables...

One of the most Important things in Gladiatus is Gold, Gold can be earned by working in the following Jobs.

This will turn out to be very useful later on, as, especially if you set yourself work and leave it over-night and when you get back online again, you’ll suddenly have lots of gold to spend. You can then spend this on the Shops, the Market or the Auction Building or Training or Donating to your Guild.

However be warned they will be packaged in the packages tab and will stay there until 7 days.

Useful Work Tips

• Activating the Seal of Quaestor is a great way of earning extra gold.
  • Before you go to sleep or away from the keyboard, its always a good idea to set yourself to work.
  • Always remember that the gold you earn from working will be in your packages.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 5:08pm)

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 1:58am

Quests and Missions

Quests

Quests can be viewed in Pantheon.

What are quests?
Quests are little missions that you have to finish so that you could earn gold, honor and lots of other things. It all depends from mission to mission.

You can accept mission every 30 minutes and accept maximum 5 of them.
Types of missions:

• - mission for Arena
  • - mission for Circus Turma
  • - mission for Expedition
  • - mission for Dungeon
  • - mission for fights
  • - mission for items
  • - mission for work

Different types of icons and buttons:

The progress of the missions:

• - accept the mission
  • - cancel the mission
  • - finish the mission
  • - restart mission (if mission is timed one and you didn't finished on time or lost to an enemy) when you click on that you won't need to wait 30 minutes.

Icons for rewards:

• - The amount of gold received
  • - The number of honor received
  • - The number of experience points received.
  • - The object that's received.
  • - Mission is timed

Icons for the Gods:

• - points for Mars
  • - points for Mercury
  • - points for Minerva
  • - points for Diana
  • - points for Apollo
  • - points for Vulcan

New quests

If you don't like quests you have you can search for new ones. Simply under quests you will find New quests.

If you want to short down waiting you can do that but it costs 3 rubies.

Missions

This is additional way to earn points for Gods. Here are the different types of missions:

• Character development
  • Expeditions
  • Arenas
  • Dungeons
  • Equipment
  • Miscellaneous

After finishing these you will get these rewards:
  • - points for Mars
  • - points for Mercury
  • - points for Minerva
  • - points for Diana
  • - points for Apollo
  • - points for Vulcan

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 9:59pm)

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 2:00am

Gods

Gods

Mars
I. Mars' Wrath - accompanies you and each of your hits causes an additional x damage for 4 hours.
II. Mars' holy oil - The priests give you a holy oil which increases your agility if you put it on an equipment item. (note: This potion increases the bonus of statistics without increasing the maximum value. If your feature is already full, this potion will not useful.)
III. Mars' balance - prevents all critical hits in your battles for both parties for 2 hours.

Mercury
I. Mercury's smile - Mercury gives you his winning smile, which increases your charisma by x for 4 hours.
II. Mercury's holy oil - The priests give you a holy oil which increases your intelligence if you put it on an equipment item. (note: This potion increases the bonus of statistics without increasing the maximum value. If your feature is already full, this potion will not useful.)
III. Mercury's curse - weakness your opponents' healing power and decreases their effect by 30%. The effect lasts for 2 hours.

Diana
I. Diana's protection - Diana protects you by reinforcing your armour by x for 4 hours.
II. Diana's holy oil - The priests give you a holy oil which increases your skill if you put it on an equipment item. (note: This potion increases the bonus of statistics without increasing the maximum value. If your feature is already full, this potion will not useful.)
III. Diana's secure hand - With Diana's help, you and your mercenaries hit chance increases by 15%. The effect lasts for 2 hours.

Apollo
I. Apollo's rapidity - Apollo blesses you with his rapidity, which increases your agility by x for 4 hours.
II. Apollo's holy oil - The priests give you a holy oil which increases your damage if you put it on rings or amulets.
III. Apollo's shield - Apollo influence increase the block chance of you and your mercenaries by 15% for 2 hours.

Minerva
I. Minerva's understanding - Minerva illuminates you, which increases your intelligence by x for 4 hours.
II. Minerva's holy oil - The priests give you a holy oil which increases your charisma if you put it on an equipment item. (note: This potion increases the bonus of statistics without increasing the maximum value. If your feature is already full, this potion will not useful.)
III. Minerva's justice - prevents any double hits in your battles for both parties for 2 hours!

Vulcan
I. Vulcan's aptness - Vulcan blesses you, which increases your skill by x for 4 hours!
II. Vulcan's holy oil - The priests give you a holy oil which increases your armour if you put it on rings or amulets.
III. Vulcan's armour - Vulcan increases you and your mercenaries' armour values by 15%, additionally the permanent life points are increased by 50%. This effect lasts for 2 hours.

How can I get favor for Gods?
- Doing the Quests
- At the end of Missions
- Praying Templum (1 favor per hour)

How to activate favor of Gods?
When the number reaches by the cost, the gauge will be colored with the color of God's correspondent. You simply click on it and confirm your choice to get the blessing.

Costs and waiting time
I. 20 Favor - 1 day (24h)
II. 60 Favor - 3 days (72 hours)
III. Favor 150 - 7 days

Daily quota of Favor

This counter represents the number of Favor you have gained through prayer or daily tasks. Favors you get in missions are not counted in it. The daily maximum is 60 points.

How can we know we activated blessing?

On overview you should be seeing these icons. They represent the blessings of the gods. Here the blessings of type III are shown.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 6:03pm)

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 2:02am

Expeditions

Expeditions

Expedition is the part where you leave the safety of the city walls and engage in combate against enemies to gain honor,money and items.

Different enemies can be found in different countries and areas. Areas and enemies each have there own difficulty and some must be unlocked by leveling up. Tougher monsters are unlocked by defeating lesser monsters

If you want to find out where you can find which enemie click here

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 6:06pm)

lilaaa

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 2:04am

Shops

Shops

The Shops will be very valuable to you as Gladiator. If you want to win against other Gladiators or Enemies encountered on Expeditions, you are going to need good equipment, which you can buy at the Weapon Smith, the Armour Smith, the General Goods Store and the Alchemist.

___Weaponsmith_________Armoursmith_______General Goods__

______The Alchemist___________Mercenary trader____

The weaponsmith sells weapons. The armoursmith sells armour.The General Goods sells gloves, shoes and food.
-The Alchemist sells you boosts, which you can drink 1 time to get a bonus for a duration of time, and upgrade stuff to permanently add some stats
to your gear. If you wish to remove a permanent add on some of your gear you have to buy detergent sponge to remove it.
-The Mercenary Trader: Sell Mercenaries , which will aid you in the dungeons
You can buy items at the Market or the Auction Building too, as I will explain to you in the next lesson. In this lesson, you will get to know what you should buy where, and where you can dump stuff you no longer need.
If you want new goods you can see the button under goods

NOTE:
That The Weapon, Armor, General Goods, and Alchemist stores all restock 24hr. All types of items can be sold at the Market. You choose the price, but beware, if your price is too high, they're going to buy someone else's item before yours! If you don't want to rely on another player buying your items though, and you need your gold right then you can always sell items to any of these stores.

First of all, you should know there are 2 different kinds of items. There are the items around your level, which you can buy for Gold, without having to pay the rare Rubies. However, if you want to buy a really strong item at the Smiths / Shop, you will have to buy them using both Rubies and
Gold. That does mean though that, when you raise some levels, you will be able to buy these items without having to pay Rubies.

To buy an item, you first have to get yourself enough Gold and/or Rubies, because the item will not stay in your inventory once you dragged it
over there otherwise. Once you acquired enough gold, you have to go to the place you want to go, and drag the item you want to buy towards your inventory. You can now move items around from your character to your inventory and the other way around to get your new shiny item in the best place.

You can also sell your items to the shop / smiths owners. To do so, get to the third page in the shops inventory. The third page is the one marked ‘III’ (Roman for 3). This page should be empty, and you will be able to drag any of your items, except for quest
items, in here. You will now receive an amount of gold equal to the Value your item had. Selling items at the Market will get you more gold most times though.

This is because, if you decide to put something for sale on the market, you can decide the price you want to sell it for. As long as this is lower than the price people can buy it for in the shops, you should be able to sell them for quite a bit more than it’s value, as the shop price is around 3 or 4 times the items value.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "lilaaa" (Jan 16th 2012, 6:14pm)