You are not logged in.

Sunday, September 24th 2017, 5:35pm

Cannot play the game at all (server 20)

I have been playing the game for over a year. I am from Vietnam, but plays on Server 20 in UK. During that time, I have no problem with the game at all until yesterday.

My browser (I'm using Chrome) keeps telling me that "s20-en.gladiatus.gameforge.com took too long to respond". I ran the Window Network Diagnostics as recommended, and it showed me this: "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but
the device or resource (
s20-en.gladiatus.gameforge.com) is not responding.

I just kept refreshing the pages, and it usually takes me 15 minutes just to make a connection. The fact that I managed to make this post was a miracle.

My Internet is perfect, so I don't think its the problem. Someone says it is due to server lag. Whatever it is, can you fix it please?

Thanks.

Ares

God Of War

Sunday, September 24th 2017, 10:47pm

can you please send in ticket so we can help you ferder

thanks

Monday, September 25th 2017, 10:44pm

I believe that opening a ticket won't be of much use as the Moderators/GameOperators may need to wait on GameForge's answer and that takes an eternity.

Well... it's a long answer but... For this case, both sides are to blame, Chrome and GameForge.

Gladiatus isn't optimized. Period. From an external PoV, looks like there's an inefficient caching system or none at all. Just look at game's interface reloading ALL images without need every once in a while.

It's been like this for ages and got even worse years ago when the game moved out of an independent domain (i.e gladiatus.com) to become a subdomain of GameForge (i.e. SERVER-LANGUAGE.GAME.gameforge.com), which makes me think that ALL games and ALL servers of them are in one single domain. Cut costs at expense of performance (just look what happened when Britannia was released).

Another thing is GameForge's poor SSL (https). SSL provides huge improvements in security but they eat A LOT of performance if not well configured.

Now, on the other side of the boat, we have Chrome. For ages Users and Developers have been asking Google to add one of those hidden flags to support a customization on how much time the browser should wait until considering a page as stuck. Google, or at least the devs at Chromium Project, ignored.

If something takes a lot of time to load, the tab in which it's opened will die with the message you're receiving or with the "Oh snap!" message, asking you to reload it. On extreme scenarios in which the PC itself is slow, the whole browser can stop responding.

You *could* clear your cache. It helps a bit, but not much. If your PC is slow or has old HDs (i.e. not SSD), checking errors and defragmenting it helps a little more. Playing on different periods of the day *may* help too, but not guaranteed.

The biggest help you can have if nothing works is playing on a different browser. Firefox, even if slower than Chrome, at least is customizable in this matter and will allow you to define how much it should wait to wait for the eternity some basic actions take on Gladiatus.

:pillepalle:

Thursday, September 28th 2017, 3:37pm

Problem fixed

Thanks for all of your replies. I sent a ticket to Game Support 03 days ago, and they managed to make things work normally again. I started playing again this morning. :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
I still don't understand what happened, to be honest. Some say it's because Gladiatus got a hardware update, so there's nothing I can do about it. The only thing that stinks is that during those 03 days, I got attacked like 10 times through Circus Provinciarum and lost like 500k gold. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Thanks for you help. I appreciate it.

Friday, September 29th 2017, 4:26pm

We're happy to hear that your problem has been solved ^^

The thread will remain closed since you don't need it anymore.

Best regards,
Maeve