You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Gladiatus.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, October 10th 2017, 7:50am

Rigged auction house

Is anyone willing to share how do you calculate when an auction will end?
At high lvls it seems like everyone at the top knows how it's done and bid just in the last second. And for those who dont know it's absolutely impossible to buy good items from the auction.
For every antonius or lucius item it just doesnt matter if you try to bid and 5am or if you keep refreshing at 'very short' and if it seems like no one is online and looking at the auction. Thay still outbid you the last sec every single time.

When I played the last time few years ago it was the same and it's beyond me why GF still havn't fixed the damn auction house.
:thumbdown:

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 7:03pm

Yes I to believe its rigged!

Since I could go to auction I have lost almost every one... And I have been sitting and refreshing the page like an idiot when time has been "very short."

Every time last second someone bids over and you loose... They must have a program because losing over 100 auctions like this is not normal, not in this way...

I hope gameforge take a look at this! :dash:

TheBalkanPotato

All warfare is based on deception

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 11:06pm

A long time ago the auction house did have a set time for every stage. Very short was 5 min, but GF changed it to be random because you could wait to the last second to place your bid and the highest bidder or faster bidder (if your browser loads faster than the other player) would get the item instantly. I don't know the exact reason why it was changed but now it should be random, there shouldn't be any patterns in auction house ending time.
You can probably find the change in changelog if you are willing to search.
HATED BY MANY
LOVED BY FEW
RESPECTED BY ALL!

Before all else, be armed.
-Niccolo Machiavelli

https://s6-ba.gladiatus.gameforge.com/game/index.php?mod=player&p=266301

:stick:

Gladiatus guides!

Friday, October 13th 2017, 3:16am

It is still rigged or ppl have scripts, hope gameforge checks all accounts on this 10x server..
:thumbup:

Friday, October 13th 2017, 5:48am

I was told by a guildie how it's done and it's pretty simple: The auctions end in the same seconds every time. For my server in province 28 the first auction ends in 15th,16th or 17th sec and the mercs aucion ends in 45th or 46th sec. So all you have to do is bid 1 sec before that. If you bid at 14th sec the other players dont have time to react and outbid you.

The guild member who told me that, doesnt know how to calculate the min thay end but from what i have seen watching the auction few days I'm sure that many players can also know the exact minute. Anyway on my server which is x5 speed, 'very short' doesnt last more than 2-3 min so that's not that important.

The question is why GF doesnt fix that and make the timings truly random?? Do you know how frustrating and unfair it is to get outbid every time because seasoned players know that trick and the rest stay in ignorance thinking that thay got outbid because of bad luck...

Friday, October 13th 2017, 8:17am

@Eny333 Yeah I know how frustrating it is. And how much gold you lose to. Shame about this "seconds trick." I wanted to believe I was just unlucky, but after million times losing last second...
I know something was fishy :doofy:

I agree GF must do something about this!

Wolk

Intermediate

Friday, October 13th 2017, 10:42am

It's random
I play a lot of hours and my hobby is outbid on amulets.
I can tell you its random and never stops on same second , I have been monitoring it for months and can't find a way to have time .

Friday, October 13th 2017, 4:47pm

It's random
I play a lot of hours and my hobby is outbid on amulets.
I can tell you its random and never stops on same second , I have been monitoring it for months and can't find a way to have time .

True, I have won the auction 30.000 + times... as far as I know.. no timers or whatever

Saturday, October 14th 2017, 8:21am

On which server do you play?
May be it's random on your server but on province 28 the auctions end the same seconds EVERY SINGLE TIME, no exceptions. When you win auction you get message with the exact time when you won it. Check your messages, just make sure you dont mix the gladiator auction and the mercs auction as thay run on different times.

Saturday, October 14th 2017, 10:52am

I just tested it on the event(x10) server.
Here are the times of the mercs auction (notice the seconds thay end):
You have won an auction. Sat, 14.10.2017 - 07:32:45
You have won an auction. Sat, 14.10.2017 - 07:51:46
You have won an auction. Sat, 14.10.2017 - 08:15:45
You have won an auction. Sat, 14.10.2017 - 08:34:45
You have won an auction. Sat, 14.10.2017 - 08:54:46
You have won an auction. Sat, 14.10.2017 - 09:22:46

And here are the times of the gladiator auction:
You have won an auction. Sat, 14.10.2017 - 07:51:19
You have won an auction. Sat, 14.10.2017 - 08:21:18
You have won an auction. Sat, 14.10.2017 - 08:45:16
You have won an auction. Sat, 14.10.2017 - 09:14:18
You have won an auction. Sat, 14.10.2017 - 09:38:19
The reason why thay are more stretched out is because the server is very active and when more people bid the last second the aucion can get extended with few more seconds.

Wolk

Intermediate

Saturday, October 14th 2017, 12:08pm

Now if you know the seconds but not the minutes wat it will change?
Nothing

Saturday, October 14th 2017, 5:25pm

Again fucking last second 0.01 get outbid.....
This is bullshit, they need to fix system!
This post has already been reported.